If you are looking for an exciting career where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of, consider joining WEC Energy Group!
WEC Energy Group is one of the nation's largest electric and natural gas delivery companies. We provide vital services to nearly 4.4 million customers in Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota.
WEC Business Services, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group is seeking a Manager Safety Services in our Chicago, IL location.
This position leads the Safety planning function and safety initiatives across the assigned geographic and functional areas that are designed to help promote employee safety.
* Collaborate with departmental leadership and business-unit partners in the development and implementation of the WEC Energy Group's safety strategy.
* Oversee and contribute to the implementation of safety and industrial hygiene programs, processes, and support systems in-accordance with a Safety Management System approach; while also ensuring regulatory compliance.
* Lead a team of safety professionals to develop and implement results-driven programs and practices.
* Work with leadership to build a safety culture throughout the organization based on a shared vision, quality programs, and a balanced suite of performance measures.
* Bachelors Degree - Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Health, Engineering, Human Resources, or related field.
* 5 years of experience developing, implementing and managing safety and/or industrial hygiene related initiatives, programs, compliance, and metrics.
* Proven, formal leadership; including experience leading or implementing significant change across a business segment
* Managing integration of Safety with Worker's Compensation programs and experience in OSHA and Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulatory Compliance initiatives.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,etc.); plus, experience with dedicated Safety and Health data systems; including, but not limited to: implementation activities, integration techniques, and/or leveraging such systems to drive general process improvement.
* Position does require a driver's license for shop/field site visits
* ASP/CSP, CUSP, CIH or CHMM Certifications preferred.
* Masters Degree preferred
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the Removal Date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
EEO/AA policies and statements
Associated topics: account, account representative, adimnistrative, administrative and operational support, attendant, clerical, contract, management, project manager, sales representative