Become part of our Mission and help us to achieve our goal of being fossil free within one generation.
Vattenfall is one of Europe's largest electricity generators and producers of heat, operating in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. We are seeking an Offshore Measurement Campaign Manager to oversee offshore site investigation campaigns in the department of Site Conditions & Loads, within Engineering Offshore in BA Wind.
Do you want to shape the future?
The Site Conditions & Loads department is responsible for characterising the physical conditions of Vattenfall's offshore wind farm interests, with a particular focus on Wind Resource, Metocean and Geoscience. Detailed site characterisation enables us to carefully adapt standardised engineering approaches, resulting in optimal design solutions for individual future windfarms.
The Campaign Manager will undertake all project management tasks regarding the planning and execution of offshore campaigns, in order to gain insight into Wind Resource, Met-Ocean and Geoscience.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential, possibilities and responsibilities, and be a part of a growing organization with special focus on Wind? You may be the person we are looking for!
As our Campaign Manager for Site Investigations you will be responsible for supporting the subject matter experts in the three sub-departments of Wind Resource, Metocean and Geoscience whenever a site investigation campaign is to be planned or executed.
Main responsibilities & tasks
You will focus on the following project management tasks and responsibilities, according to the sub-departments requirements:
* Support in definition of campaign scope, tendering, contractor selection, support in terms and conditions
* Project management and execution of the investigation and measurement campaign process
* Project administration
* Support of contract management, conflict resolution and claims handling
* Arrangement of licences
* Main point of contact with contractors
* Orchestrate internal support from other departments including HSE, Procurement, Offshore Logistics
* Ownership of the contractor documentation review process, prior to offshore works, ensuring adherence to Vattenfall Employers Requirements and Local Procedures
* Review of Contractor's deliverables, including deployment, servicing and recovery reports
* Collecting monthly KPI's regarding H+S and contractor hours
* Budget management and payment schedule
* Managing the H+S aspect of the works, including reporting and rectification of incidents
* Identify and develop opportunities for collaboration across wind farms and project work packages
* Assessment and improvement of measurement campaigns across all project phases
* Management of internal equipment
* Trouble shooting
* Leading meetings
* Ensuring stakeholder-, interface-, time-, quality- and risk-management of campaign works
* Act as a role model and take personal responsibility for safe behaviour and well-being at work
* Contribute to LEC reduction
You have an engineering, analytical or technical background in conjunction with project management experience, and an understanding of the sub-disciplines of Wind Resource, Metocean and Geoscience.
You have experience with site investigations, data acquisition and analysis in the sub disciplines above, and knowledge of measurement instrumentation, equipment and methodologies. The complexity of an offshore measurement campaign is well known to you and you can communicate technically and commercially sensitive topics in a clear and constructive way.
You can advise and support the team based on your experience. You have an innovative mind-set and can see yourself working in an environment where pragmatism and helpfulness is valued. You work independently while sharing and seeking knowledge across the team and wider business. You show initiative and have a flexible approach.
The following qualifications and experience are considered preferable for this position:
* Minimum B.Sc degree in technical discipline or equivalent
* Project Management experience
* Experience with procurement and negotiations
* Basic knowledge of contract management
* Experience within the offshore wind industry
* Experience in the area of Site Assessment
* Fluency in English, both in speech and writing.
Office is flexible between Hamburg (DE), London (UK) or Kolding (DK). Frequent travel within Europe should be expected, especially between London, Hamburg, Amsterdam or Kolding.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues -- the 'Ask and Share' concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
Energy is our contribution to quality of life - day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society - people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall's Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK with the ambition to increase the portfolio within northern Europe. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 19th of March 2019. For more information about the recruitment process contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!