St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL Facility Description:
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. JOB SUMMARY:
The EVS Team Member works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties as assigned:
Qualifications: POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Provides cleaning services as directed with consideration for Patients, their family and friends
- Demonstrates understanding and respect for the personal dignity and values of all patients and visitors
- Ensures compliance with all required process and procedural steps
- Adheres to Infection Control policies and procedures,
- Maintains a clean and safe patient environment at all times
- Promotes efficient performance of all the EVS required duties.
- Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures related to the housekeeping function.
- Reads, understands and follows manufacturer's directions, complies with MSDS requirements, and follows Supervisor's, Director's or manufacturer's representative's additional directions, as appropriate for all chemicals and equipment used, both for personal safety, the safety of others and the protection of objects being cleaned.
Two years' experience providing environmental services in a healthcare environment preferred.
Ability to read, write and converse in English required. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Adaptability - Effectively adapts to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Energy - Maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary;
Empathy - Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing stress and loss to reduce tension
Stress Tolerance - Maintains stable performance under pressure Communication - Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
Customer Engagement - Able to effectively engage with patients and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation for cleanliness during their staySPECIAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.