Design Group is a leading engineering, systems integration and IT consulting firm, capable of delivering complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences and other industrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance and other technology services for the world's leading companies. Our organization is staffed by 1,400-plus engineering and technical specialists, operating from more than 40 global offices in the United States and India. An autonomous part of Barry-Wehmiller, Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction-management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions Inc. We are focused on giving our professionals opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique people-centric culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
This position is based in our Concord, NH office. Similar positions are available in our York, PA, Ft Worth, TX and Alpharetta, GA offices. Please specify what office or offices you are interested in. The Refrigeration Mechanical Engineer shall be proficient in the design and specification of ammonia and Freon based refrigeration and heat transfer systems and have the ability to be the lead Engineer on projects in order to prepare reports, select equipment, produce construction documents, write specifications, and perform code reviews and energy analysis. He/she must have excellent communication skills while collaborating effectively and efficiently with the various teams of engineers and architects on projects all over the country. He/she will work directly with other licensed engineers and experienced designers in order to design refrigeration systems for manufacturing, distribution and other industrial and commercial facilities. Refrigeration system design shall include central ammonia systems, Freon systems, chilled glycol/water systems, dehumidification systems, process cooling systems and heat exchangers for various applications. Experience in the design of mechanical systems such as industrial process HVAC systems is also desired.
* The Refrigeration Mechanical Engineer shall work directly with the Refrigeration Department Manager, other licensed engineers/architects and experienced designers to produce a cohesive and coordinated set of construction documents and project specifications.
* Review submittals, answer RFI's, as well as observe and report on installations of equipment and systems during construction.
* Interface with vendors to accomplish equipment sizing and selection.
* Provide leadership and mentorship to less-experienced engineers and designers.
* Ability to function comfortably, gain trust, con?dence and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals including consultants, contractors, clients, code officials and DGFS project team members.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills working within a technical environment.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced design environment effectively and efficiently.
* BS Mechanical Engineering.
* P.E. licensure required. Non- P.E. Applicants that have the ability and meet the qualifications to obtain a P.E. license in 6 to 9 months or less will be considered.
* 6+ years' experience with hands on industrial refrigeration mechanical engineering design, demonstrating an ability to complete refrigeration system analysis, sizing, design, as well as production of construction documents, specifications and reports. This is not a training position.
* Experience in the design of facilities for food/beverage, Pharma/life science, distribution, and consumer products manufacturing is required.
* Excellent computer skills and working experience with AutoCAD, Revit MEP, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
* Relocation: We are looking for Candidates local to the area. Some relocation assistance is available for the highly qualified applicant.
* Travel: We are licensed for facility engineering across the United States. Professionals can expect 15-25% travel to project sites and other offices for collaboration, training and other purposes.
* BS Mechanical Engineering is required.
* Mechanical P.E. license or the ability and qualified to obtain a license in 6 to 9 months or less is required.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Associated topics: builder, building, civil engineer, maintenance, mechanic, mechanical, mechanical engineer, meter, plumbing, turbine