HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT MANAGER
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-USVI01862568
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in Virginia, US, you will ensure audit and confirm overall Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) and compliance to operating practices, Federal, State and local regulations for the Bombardier Transportation Rail site. You will provide HSE and regulatory compliance training, develop action plans and programs, lead site teams in supporting a HSE and regulatory compliance culture.
In your role you will:
* Support the Site in managing and ensuring Regulatory Compliance, while developing strategies and reports aimed at validating, maintaining and improving Regulatory Compliance;
* Oversee the administration, implementation, and enforcement of all Health, Safety, and Environmental policies, procedures, and processes that have been distributed throughout the Bombardier Transportation North America (BTNA) Services division;
* Implement and verify OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 HSE Management Systems;
* Monitor Federal, State and Local regulations (Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), OSHA, PUC, EPA, TSA, etc) to ensure that we exceed all requirements;
* Establish audit procedures to ensure legal compliance with all these agencies as well as compliance with the operating regulations;
* Audit and participate in accident and injury investigations, facility inspections, and risk assessments; Support Site managers and HSE coordinators with programs, communications and processes in alignment with corporate HSE policy and practices;
* Oversee the system safety, security and regulatory compliance of a large muti-modal commuter and light-rail operation;
* Chair and oversee the Contractor Safety Committee and participate in the System Safety Review Committee;
* Take an active and lead role in all customer, internal and external audits and review all subsequent audit reports and action plans;
* Review reports from HSE team that demonstrate that observed failures are discussed with employees and that the appropriate action was administered in accordance with agreed upon policies and procedures;
* Oversee performance of employees to ensure compliance by reviewing and analyzing reports and data that measure system safety, security and efficiency testing;
* Provide guidance to other departments to endure that the qualification, certifications, education and experience of employees are in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, rules and laws;
* Provide accurate reports and updates to the customer, General Manager and Corporate leadership;
* Monitor and assess incidents which contravene federal, state and local regulations and customer requirements;
* Build relationships with regulatory agencies and external organizations to encourage an open channel of communication along with cross functional team building within the company;
* Be responsible for providing site leadership and oversight for all operations and maintenance compliance requirements;
* Provide guidance and direction to our company's safety and compliance professionals in addition to the site General Manager and Deputy General Managers;
* Perform in depth analysis and research on regulatory compliance, specifically pertaining to FRA, FTA, and TSA regulations;
* Develop a comprehensive plan to maintain compliance with FRA and other government reporting requirements;
* Develop and implement necessary training;
* Develop and document compliance policies and procedures.
As our ideal candidate:
* You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent;
* You have minimum ten (10) years of experience in Health and Safety or Systems Safety role, preferably within the rail transit or rail transportation industry and FRA regulated operation;
* You have a Lead Auditor training (ISO and OHSAS), or equivalent;
* You own knowledge of the FRA (Federal Railroad Administration);
* You own OSHA experience (considered as an asset);
* You have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
Associated topics: climate, clinical, constable, gauge, hazard, healthy, physician, risk, safety, wwtp